A striking tribal statement necklace featuring 3 antique Khmer silver resin beads from Thailand with vintage gold and silver India beads. The Pragueam or Prakueam beads are beautifully decorated engraved silver over resin. The center bead is quite large and has a couple of slight dents while the 2 other beads are slightly smaller, with some wear but in excellent condition for their age (note in photos).
The Khmer beads are framed by vintage gold beads, two gorgeously engraved silver beads with a lovely floral design and silver (low silver content) melon beads all from India. Between each bead is a heavily granulated antiqued gold vermeil spacer to add texture and depth to the necklace design.
Finished with a sterling silver clasp and a sterling silver extender chain that is adorned with a gold vermeil bead. All other findings are sterling silver.
Wear it choker length or adjust the length to suit – see photos for styling options.
One of a kind modern tribal necklace with highly collectible and prized beads and a stunning piece of wearable art that can bring a touch of glamour and sophistication to any outfit. Its bold size and intricate design ensure that it will become a cherished addition to any jewelry collection, and a treasured heirloom for years to come.
Finished length: 16.5" + 4" (42cm + 10cm)
Center bead: 1" wide x 1.5" deep (26mm wide x 30mm deep)
A bit of history:
Pragueam silver beads are made using a special and centuries-old technique, and unique to the Khwao Sinrin District, Surin Province.
The story of Pragueam in Khwao Sinrin District dates back to the late Ayutthaya Period (1359-1767) when groups of goldsmiths and silversmiths from Southern Cambodia migrated to Khu Prathai Village, now a Surin town. Bringing their expertise in jewelry making with them, these metalworkers started crafting gold and silver jewelry for sale after settling down in the area. Their descendants later moved to Ban Chok Khwao Sinrin Village, which is known today as the center of Pragueam and Takao (silver earrings) production.
In the past, people considered silver ornaments to be sacred objects. Believing it would protect the little ones from bad luck, old people would give silver jewelry to young children. Silver Pragueam and Takao are therefore more than just decorations; they are sacred gifts meant to protect the owners.
With only a few craftsmen with the special skills required for this art, Pragueam and Takao have become rare today. In fact, only two masters of the 7th generation of the original silversmiths from Cambodia remain.
SHIPPING AND TAXES:
US and Canada: Free tracked shipping via Canada Xpresspost.
UK and EU: $35.00 USD tracked shipping via Canada Post.
All other countries flat rate of $100 USD via FedEx / DHL (or equivalent).
ATTENTION INTERNATIONAL BUYERS:
Please note that prices DO NOT include customs or duties respective to your country. Buyers are responsible for any and all customs, duties and tariffs levied by tax authorities in your country.
1-3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 7 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 14 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
1. Information I Collect
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorized Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order of jewelry, for example), if you contact me directly.
2. Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
• as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
• when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
• if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
3. Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
2. Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
3. Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
4. Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
4. Data Retention
5. Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
6. Your Rights
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
1. Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
2. Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
3. Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
4. Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Angela Lovett, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at email@example.com. Alternately, you may mail me at:
Angela Lovett, 408 Legacy PT SE, Calgary, AB T2X 3Z3 CANADA